FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]
Old May 29, 2007, 3:01 pm
arifjk

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Alaska Gold 75K, American Plat Pro
Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver

MODS: Please feel free to merge this if there is an existing one.

Recently I stayed at Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver. When I called reservation, I specifically mentioned to book me for 2-bedroom suite (not 2 room suite). I was then booked to a 2-room suite, which was not I had in mind. Another strange thing, the system there still showed that I was a gold member, though I know I am Plat. member. Very disappointed.

However, the bell-man was very helpful and called the Manager, David, to see if I could be upgraded to 2-bedroom suite. At that time, the rooms were not available, but David asked me if I would be willing to pay CAD100/night upgrade for the 2-bedroom suite (instead of CAD200). I said I didn't mind since I really can't use 2-room suite. I had my parents-in-law with my family too.

When check-out, I noticed billing error, so I called FD to straighten it out, and they sent the new bill up. A few days later, the charge showed in my SPG AMEX and it was the original erroneous bill. I sent a msg via online messaging system asking to straighten the issue and at the same time dispute it with AMEX to deduct the difference.

48 hours later, I got an apololgy email from David, the manager at Sheraton WC. ^ Very good job. He compensated me for 2500 starpoints, and immediately took care of the difference with AMEX. Showed up in my account in another 48 hours.

I was very happy with the ending, and I decided to stay there again in my next visit at the end of June. I informed David regarding this, and he told me that he had flagged my reservation to get a generous room upgrade.

Now that's what I called Customer Service. Great Job to David.
^ Very Happy Customer here.