FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OK to book handicapped accessible room if able-bodied? Elite upgrades?
Old May 28, 2007, 10:21 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by belairpatrol
...It would sure be appropriate for Hilton to get fined for making reservations for handicapped rooms to non-handicapped. ]Hope you never have knee replacement surgery and experience the pain I've had for the last 4 months.
That handicap room is a God send to me.
It certainly sounds like it. To be clear, I've never actually taken the handicap room at my initiative.

However, more than once, I have been assigned the handicap-accessible room at check-in. In each case I've gone through the hassle of calling the desk and asking if another room was available, gone back to the desk to get new keys, etc.

The last time I made an award reservation, the only room showing available was a handicap-accessible room. I even called the Diamond Desk to ask if they would make it a non-handicap-accessible room and they couldn't do it.

If there were some way to limit reservations for such rooms to the disabled -- some electronic equivalent of the disabled licesne plates -- I'd support it.

Last edited by cblaisd; May 28, 2007 at 10:26 pm