FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spanair - in wrong flight!
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2007, 9:46 am
IsleSeat

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Spanair - in wrong flight!

Last week I entered Alicante airport to board a flight to Barcelona, then Frankfurt and continuing to DUS, all 3 C-class tickets.
The ordeal already started at the check-in counter: one massive line for Economy and an even longer one for Business! The lines weren't moving at all, finally, after one hour I get to check in, barely making the required time for my bag. The entire hall was a mess of tourists returning and Spanair did not appear to make a difference between cheapo flyers and premium passengers. After I rushed through security I looked at the screen to learn about departure gate (there was none on my BP) and it clearly stated "Gate 3", where there was already another line of PAX squeezing through the door. The overhead screen simply said "Aeropuertas Alicante", without destination. My BP gets scanned and I enter the Airbus, getting seated in row 1, when a FA asked me about my BP, stating that their manifest showed no one in row 1. I showed it to her and returned to my seat. There were no announcements regarding destination (and I am fluent in Spanish), the flight took off and after landing I hear "welcome to Madrid" - I was on the wrong plane!
I am asking you: my BP was seen TWICE, I am above-average IQ and have flown a massive amount of flights around the world without ever experiencing this. Madrid took 2 hours out of my life to reschedule everything, needless to say, my luggage took 3 days to re-route and by that time I was back at LAX.
My mileage statement is a mess: the flight I was supposed to take I never took and the one I took, I was never on the manifest! I still have the BP for the flight I was supposed to take, which one am I going to send in to M+M?
There is no Spanair forum for me to vent out....

Last edited by IsleSeat; May 27, 2007 at 9:52 am