FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What would you have done?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2007, 8:08 am
tkb

Programs: nwa GE
What would you have done?

My 3-year old daughter and I were upgraded both legs last night (bil-msp, msp-ord) and she promptly fell asleep in 4D on the second flight.

There were only FOUR of us in First. One woman was tucked far away in 1A and the other person was straight ahead of me in 3C.

As soon as I got my laptop out to work, 3C slams his seat into full recline right into my computer.

Now--I know he is entitled to recline. No problem.
I know it's totally his space.

But there were ELEVEN OTHER EMPTY SEATS that he COULD have sat in without reclining into my workspace. And although I wasn't upset at all--I couldn't help but wonder, "Wow! Does this guy have absolutely NO sense of the people / environment around him or WHAT?"

(I couldn't move because I had a preschooler sleeping in 4D and I needed to be close by in case she stirred or there was turbulence. But it would have taken pretty much NO effort for him to slide over a seat.)

Anyway--I never said anything. Worked a little with a tipped down screen and ended up reading a magazine. No prob.

But I was curious--

--If YOU had been Mr. 3C in that situation, would you have even been aware of us? Would you have moved seats to avoid reclining into my laptop?

--If you had been ME, would you have asked politely if he would please consider moving seats?