FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uniteds First Class Lounges Suck
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2007, 12:52 pm
akatuva

Programs: AA EXP MM, SPG VIP
Originally Posted by doc cray
I'm in the Silver Kris lounge at SFO. I just left the United first class lounge because it sucks. I live in the Bay Area, travel for pleasure and have flown 1200000 miles on UAL. Have been a 1K for the last 9 years. I'm flying 869 to Hong Kong this afternoon and stopped in united first class lounge to get a bite and check emails. United had nuts, fruit and cereal to eat. There is no wireless network offered by united. It reminds me of a red carpet club-I stopped membership in red carpet 5 years ago. I still like service in first suites on united but their lounges suck. I called the elite number to complain and was connected with Carlos in New Delhi. I hung up and asked to be connected to customer relations in Chicago. The woman I spoke to was nice and said this was the first time she had heard of this problem in a first class lounge. I explained it is like this in HKG, Narita and LHR as well as others. The star partner lounges are always better. Just my two cents. I read daily only post once in a great while for info or with a huge gripe. Doccray

Hard to beat the SKLs. Since you're talking about breakfast, I recall my last visit to the SKL first lounge at ICN on my return. Complete with a fantastic hot and cold buffet spread and an Omelette Station!

Although from a decor perspective the SFO IFL is nice, the food choices were not as good. I think they had a couple of different kinds of sushi rolls and vegetable tray.