FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Elite Program Year
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2007, 11:51 am
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by standardgirl
Thank you.

Last year, we made a trip on business class from US to Asia on NWA. We left in late December and didn't fly back until Jan 6th, 2007. My 2006 elite qualifying mile is 16,xxx miles (8 segments). However, after flying back from Asia to the US in Jan, I earned an additonal 12,xxx miles, which were posted under 2007 elite qualifying miles. Then, I noticed that I got upgraded to Silver elite at about the same time. I am now Silver until 2/29/2008.

Somehow, NW didn't get my mother's FF number on our flight back from Asia. I soon requested the credits from NW, and the miles were then added. Mom didn't get Silver elite status, but we have the exact same amount of elite qualifying miles in 2006. I told mom to send an email to NW and she did. Her silver elite status was then maintained until 2/29/2008 (she was already silver).

The only way to get the 25,000 miles needed, NW must have use our 12,xxx miles flown on Jan 6, 2007. But this is not normal? I know some Asian airlines would allow you to be elite if you fly in Jan, since it's only a few days off......

Any other thoughts?
Are you aware that Business Class (paid) earns 150% Elite qualifying miles? I do not know where you flew from-to but that could have been the difference.