FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas keeps it head low in the news lately
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:18 pm
aura

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Pity, cause I'd fly as far as HKG/NRT to connect to BA WT+ to USA...I'm with you NM (particularly because of their high incidence of op upping WP's to J &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt; )</font>
I've even considered flying Syd-LHR-JFK to get WT+ (!)[fn*] but won't do so as long as QF107 remains a daylight flight. The 10.45am-12.45pm departure is so much better than the later afternoon that it used to be (? 4pm ?) cos you don't really get tired till the US transcon.

For the return, however, JFK-LHR-SYD in WT+ beats the hell out of QF108 Y overnight! Try doing it with every seat full, urgh. (I remember being the only one in the cabin many years back, had one row for meals and another whole row for sleeping, now that was fun.)

fn*. the reason being that since you're going to be exhausted when you get there, an extra 10hrs won't make *that* much difference