FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Residence Inn Beverly Hills
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2007, 8:56 am
bigguyinpasadena

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Trip advisor had a few reports of the RI BH not being in the bes/safest of neighborhoods, with homeless setting up shop in the lobby. Did this area/hotel seem safe?
This is fairly typical of TripAdvisor,and one of my biggest problems with the reviews there.
This hotel is in no way located in a "bad"neighborhood!It is an innner city(and I am not using that as a euphinism for a ghetto)of los angeles.It is not BH and they are wrong to call it that,but it is in a real life upper working class neighborhood in los angeles proper.The term mid-town would be a better description,but then you frighten of the suburbanites who think they are going to be staying downtown.

So you get a person from a small town/subburb thinking they are going to be staying in a Beverly Hills(of TV and Movie fame)hotel for under $200 a night!They fail to do thieir homework and are stuck on Third(or Beverly)street in a commercial/residential corridor far removed from Rodeo drive.They are Pi***d off that this is not what they were(mistakenly)expecting so they write a silly review that this hotel is in a ghetto with homeless folks all around!

I take Trip advisors reviews with a large grain of salt-and try to figure out which reviews are credible and which are grudge matches fought by folks that did not get the Four Seasons when they won a 3 star hotel in LA on priceline for $60 a night.