FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I raised my voice and they threatened me with arrest
Old May 21, 2007, 8:31 am
Texas_Dawg

Originally Posted by LessO2
The one thing McDonald's has that the TSA doesn't: Accountability.

Even McDonald's pays out lawsuits to idiots like the lady who spilled hot McCoffee all over herself.

The TSA has carefully crafted laws which they are not accountable or responsible for anything.
The reason McDonald's has accountability is because it operates in a competitive market. People can choose other providers of fast food.

The TSA does not operate in a competitive environment. Some heavily armed men forcibly monopolized the air travel security industry after 9/11.

It's no different than if McDonald's leaders amassed an army and police force and took over the property of every other fast food chain, additionally threatening to use their army to attack other people attempting to enter the industry. You can be sure that the level of service you'd get from McDonald's would rapidly deteriorate shortly afterwards. It's just human nature.

Statism is a violent, destructive action. It should always be opposed. It is never necessary.