FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U-Turn on seating policy!!
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2007, 5:38 am
kered

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by ozzie
.................The main reason for this policy to to encourage people to OLCI which saves BA money.
Unfortunately OLCI doesn’t work for everybody.

In my case I originate my journeys in either ORK or DUB with EI under a BA codeshare, but can’t OLCI for the EI portion of the trip, so need to wait until I check in with EI to get my BPs.

So having paid over two grand for my ticket, all I expected is to have a pre-assigned seat waiting for me, given that pretty much every other airline allows this.

Then on my way home, I don’t want to have spend the last day of my holiday faffing about looking for a PC somewhere just so I can OLCI at -23 hours. That’s stress I just don’t need & don’t have to endure if travelling with another airline.

Give the Golds & the Silvers, those who have earned the status, the choice of all the best seats by blocking them off, possibly give Blues (who also have pledged loyalty to BA) some of the better, but not the best seats.

But for godsakes allow someone who has stumped up thousands of their hard earned money to travel in CW or WTP the ability to pre-assign seats.

We’ve been very loyal to BA over the past few years & I’ve managed to achieve Silver status by flying CW on our holidays, but I have no intention of taking trips just to maintain Silver, all so I can pre-assign our seats.

We’re just going to move to another airline & BA will lose our (not insignificant) revenue.

This seating policy is a very emotive subject & there’s no one policy that will keep everyone happy. But before these changes were put in place it all seemed to work pretty well. So as has often been said on this board……..

BA, please put it back the way it was before !

I can just see the press releases……......

”Choose your seats before you fly !!!”

BA has listened to you, it’s valued customers, we are going to offer pre-assigned seats to our passengers for a nominal fee of £25.00 each way. Terms & conditions apply, the seat shifters reserve the right to change your seats for operational reasons”

Or some other such twadle