FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U-Turn on seating policy!!
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2007, 4:10 am
ozzie

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Well I for one fail to see why a BD Gold, who occasionally books on BA but has no status with BA and no loyalty to BA, should get access to the best seats when he books last minute.

On the contrary, a BA Gold who does extensive travel on BA, and chooses BA over other airlines whenever possible - whether he books last minute or 11 months in advance, whether he pays full J fare of cheapo ex-Eur I class cheateroo fare - should be the one that always get access to the best seats.
I fly far more often on BA than BD - just my OW programme affiliation is with Qantas, where I am OW Emerald .... And the policy already does what you are suggesting - BA Golds do have access to the best seats at all times.

I am definitely of the opinion though that if someone pays £4000 for a ticket, they should have a better right to the best seats than someone who has paid £1800 for the same seat, regardless of status.