FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]
Old May 19, 2007, 6:40 am
GoCanes

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by SacFlyer
You might want to check out the Hotel Las Casas del Rey de Baeza on TripAdvisor.com. I just looked there, and seven of the first ten reviewers were unhappy with it--"disappointed" was a common word (also, "small, dark rooms"). TripAdvisor is by no means infallible, but when the reviews are predominantly one way or other other, they're generally a useful guideline.

T/A ranked Baeza 41st of 165 hotels in Seville, and Alfonse XIII ranked 4th of 165.
Well, since I created this post and stayed at the Las Cases del Rey de Baeza I'll put in my 2 cents.

First off, the Las Casas was a very good deal. Charming hotel, good amenitiies and overall a nice experience. Some rennovation during the day was annoying, but that should be done by now. Some rooms are small, others larger. Kind of hit or miss. I was happy with our small room... although a little dark, there were some nice touches. Evening bottles of sherry waiting in our room with hor douvres. Candles lit in our windows as well in the evening. We did not eat at the hotel, but heard was very good. It is on a quiet street as well. Here is my complete report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=10459

We had debated staying at the Alfonso and are glad we did not. Although a beautiful hotel, the Seville subway upgrade is going on right in front of it. Made what would be a beautiful area completely miserable. I would avoid the Alfonso at all costs during the subway upgrade. Adn when I mean subway upgrade, I mean the streets are non-existent and there is red clay everywhere. When it is raining, it is like walking though mud around here. Not fun at all. And the Alfonso has not budged in price given the conditions out front.