FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]
Old May 18, 2007, 3:46 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Random minibar charges at the Westin DFW -- anyone else noticing this?

I've been staying here on-and-off since the hotel opened in '06, and for the past two months, it seems both post-stay and pre-checkout bogus minibar charges have gone up considerably. Even when I don't have a key to the minibar...

Of course, minibar charges tend to be a common billing error across all chains, though. The more confusing (and frustrating) one is for the past several stays, I've been getting hit with $3 bottled-water charges multiple times. And it's because I consumed the free SPG bottled water in the room (that is tagged as such), not the actual Acqua Panna bottles that are charged!

My coworkers have been seeing more random charges as well recently. Every time I inquire about it at the front desk, it gets fixed of course, but then it just happens all over again on the next stay...

Anyone else notice the same? Perhaps some training is needed on the housekeeping side?