FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - partner point redemption and june mileage run
Old Jan 4, 2004, 3:57 am
dashman

Programs: QF WP, (OW Emerald)
partner point redemption and june mileage run

with a bit of a trip on the horizon I have heard something some may be able to shed light on:

will points entitlement for QFF'ers be reduced to 0.25 per mile on BA and AA as of Jan 01 2004? I heard this would be the case for discount fares (as reported in the Financial review a couple of weeks ago), but Cathay sectors would still give 1 point per mile according to my friendly qantas agent. Perhaps the biz fare (is this referred to as J class?) might be different???, I hope so as I’d like to try and chase some points on an upcoming 4 continent business class OWE. I've decided to take this route as I need to be in Rome for a few days and a return business fare to Rome is pretty much the same as the explorer. Does anyone have thoughts on (reasonably) maxing mileage for this two to three week jaunt in June, I’ll be out of ABX (yep, the metropolis of Albury NSW) and need to be in Rome between 11 and 16 June, after that pretty relaxed but need a few days in YVR on the way home, I’d pretty much assumed going back home via LAX to get a comfy o/n long haul?

Regards,