FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare discrepancies on NWA site vs. ITA / Travelocity etc.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:15 am
lisagurl2

I tried this...

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
You should probably call an agent at NWA and tell them what you're doing. They can probably tell you either a) why it's not available on nwa.com, or b) they actually can find it and will sell it to you right there, plus the little phone booking fee.

Sure you'd rather avoid the phone booking fee, but being a savvy traveler means you could be saving significant cash by calling in, so the phone booking fee is really just loose change (assuming of course the agent can help you find the lower rate).
I was looking for tickets for Memorial Day weekend and this happened to me. I found a fare of $571 last Friday. Decided on Saturday to book it and the flight went up to $909. I called NW (I'm PE) and asked if they could find me a cheaper fare (I found the $571 on NW site and on either expedia or travelocity). The PE reservations said, sorry, no cheaper fares available. I gave up. My husband said try again after the weekend is over and voila....

He went to the NW website yesterday and found the flight for $560. I tried right after him on my own computer and I couldnt find the same flights. So I called the PE line and had them reserve the flights I wanted and at the $560 rate.