FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GVA lounges... [merged Geneva lounge thread]
Old May 15, 2007, 9:40 am
LHWolf

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
New lounge in GVA

The SEN lounge has disappeared and was replaced at the same location by the new Swiss business lounge, which is has more space. It has just opened yesterday.

It has a quite modern design. For me it looks very much ok.

There are 6 small eating tables, and 6 bar type working places with PCs.
The rest is furnished with black armchairs which are all separated by a small table. There you can also find power supply for three different standards: British, Swiss and German (Schuko) ^ . Maybe they do not expect visitors from US or Japan etc, they still would need an adapter.
I am missing real desks though, but if you just need to use your laptop it is an acceptable alternative.

Three big TV screens are at the wall.

The drinks and food are the same as before in the Swiss lounge. The rolls are even more like rubber than in the plane. Nothing special at all.
A rack with all kind of international newspapers can be found at the wall, but they do not seem to expect too many German customers (no German papers, what for? )
The coffee machine was not working, but that is perhaps just temporary.

At the end of the lounge, in a separate room, is the VIP corner for F and HON. There they serve all the usual goodies.
The armchairs are the same, there are also the same PC working places as in the other part (what I could see from the outside).
Maybe I should have asked if I could get a coffee there.

The toilets are still outside (next door).

As a result for me: I would prefer to have real desks, but I can certainly live with the new layout. The major difference to the old SEN lounge is: No champagne any longer for the second tier LH customers in GVA.
It remains to be seen if the lounge is big enough for peak times.