FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]
Old May 15, 2007, 8:27 am
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Zorro
...I will update when I have reply from starwood.

Zorro
Comments from the Platinum Concierge notwithstanding, there are a few things to consider in this particular case. First, the complimentary lounge benefit for Platinum members is described as being available at the Sheraton and Westin brands only:

d. Access to the Club Level when staying at Sheraton hotels or access to the Executive Level when staying at Westin hotels, even when not staying on the Club Level or Executive Level floor(s). At Sheraton properties, access to the Club Level does not mean access to the Towers Level, even if there is no Club Level in the hotel and there is a Club Level in the Towers. Access to Towers Level is determined by each individual property. These benefits are limited to the member and one guest IF that guest is in the same room as the member...

Many of the other Starwood hotel brands also allow it, but it is not defined as an official Platinum member benefit, so they are allowed some discretion if the hotel is not a Sheraton or Westin.

Second, even if this hotel was a Sheraton or Westin, they might - at times - be allowed to suspend the benefit:

...Lounge access is not available if a lounge is at maximum capacity or if a lounge is closed for any reason.

So, I could see how this hotel might feel the way it does about weekday lounge access. They seem to be going above and beyond the call by allowing it on the weekends.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]