FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - spilled juice: compensation
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2007, 1:36 pm
fly4work

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Cool

What I have noticed is when something goes wrong, no mater how small it is, the first thing that comes to mind is what compensation should I get. Come on and get a life!!! Is this what we have come to?

Two years ago on a CO flight from EWR-MCO, while we were at the gate, the FA spilled my Gin and Tonic on my pants. I smiled at her becuase I knew it was an accident. She then came back and spilled it again. The only thing I could do was start to laugh. Was I upset? No. She did not do it on purpose. She was so embarrased by this that she was afraid to serve me dinner during the flifght for fear she may spill it on me. For the rest of the flight, hew service was flawless. She was so apologetice and did everything she could to make my seat comfortable.

As for compensation, I did not ask for any. I did not expect any since it was an accident. I have seen so many FT'ers ask for compensation for the most trivial things. Accidents happen, and if you travel a lot you will have a great chance to experience them.

I think the OP received just compensation for what happened. Oh, by the way, I am an attorney.