FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk Cares - Charitable request for Aeroplan points
Old May 5, 2007, 8:52 am
murmurdoc

Programs: AC*E; pick a number between 25 and 50K
Flyertalk Cares - Charitable request for Aeroplan points

Greetings all. As some of you know, I work in pediatric cardiology at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. My favorite part of my job is a summer camp called "Camp Oki" we have run for the past few years, an place for children with life-threatening heart problems to "go to camp" when they might otherwise not have the chance.

This has been a great success, and I am now getting requests from other children's hospitals around Ontario and Canada to send their patients to our camp. However the logistics of doing so are growing increasingly complicated - while our bus travel up north is generously donated, the children still need to get to Toronto, and Air Canada's Horizons program only covers travel for medical care.

I have successfully applied to Aeroplan to open a charitable pooling account to use for bringing campers to Toronto. If you would like to consider supporting us, please PM me and I can forward you additional information about the Camp, as well as an easy-to-complete form for your donation.

Thanks
Murmurdoc

Last edited by Randy Petersen; May 11, 2007 at 7:23 am