FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Free Night Certificate - Pre-Aug 2018
Old May 3, 2007, 9:23 am
Marriott Concierge
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

I am sorry for any inconvenience, AJSpark. We send out a buck slip via mail which states that the activation category 1-4 certificate was issued as an electronic certificate, so we do notify our members. I apologize if you did not receive this notification.

Originally Posted by AJSpark
And here I thought I hadn't even been issued my free night yet! I didn't receive ANYTHING saying that my free night was available, not via email OR snail mail -- nada. When I checked my account, there it is, but in a very weird place - the "debit" column! At first I thought I needed to call them to say, "Hey! I didn't even know I had it, and now you've taken it away!" But then I saw that it was unused. Also, I didn't even get my card until early April, but the free night cert. was issued on March 8 - ???

To me, this is a HUGE disappointment re: the way Marriott is handling it, particularly in the no-notification dept. Do they really have to be that sneaky, to issue a certificate for a free night, don't tell you it's there, and then hope you don't find it until it's expired? Jeez.