FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt St. Louis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT (MARRIOTT)
Old Apr 30, 2007, 2:46 pm
wizzy

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thumbs down

Doesn't seem like anyone has been there in a while (and I can see why!)

Burned two FFN's this past weekend while in town to watch the Cubs beat the Cards. Checked in via the kiosk (was directed there by a bellman), but it couldn't handle the diamond amenity so had to talk to a clerk anyways.

Was pre-blocked on the club floor, down the hall from the lounge. View was of the fountain across the street, but there was a pile of construction debris directly in front of our window on the roof. Room had an adjoining door, but it was one of the quietest rooms I can remember. Couldn't even hear the toilet flush from the bedroom. The only noise that we occasionally heard was the whistle of the bellman below as he flagged down cabs.

The lounge was a joke. Understaffed, dirty dishes were usually piled on tables and supplies were rarely replenished. The lounge didn't seem busy, so it seemed to be a staffing issue. The arrangement of the lounge was odd, too, as the glasses for the OJ were physically located separately from the juice itself. Same with the milk and the cereal. They were making due with small pieces of furniture, but it might be worth investing in a larger serving area. The lounge did have two free internet terminals (iMacs), connected to printers. The letter we got when we checked in promised complimentary water in the lounge 24x7 (in-room Fiji's were $4.50), but the fridge was usually devoid of water.

Other small issues included a dirty glass with our Diamond wine, a concierge who had no maps(?!), and requested turn-down service that no-showed. I flagged down a maid in the hallway for fresh linens, and used the free mac's and google to do our own information gathering.

Our biggest complaint was security related. About 30 minutes after we checked in, someone else walked into our room with their suitcase. All parties were shocked, and the other guest went back down for a new room, but I'm still not sure what happened. We were told it was human-error, but not the details.

I won't be going back there, but the Hyatt quickly compensated us fairly for the issues that we had.

FYI, if you do find yourself in town, be sure to grab dinner at Niche. Amazing prix fix for $35, and reservations are available on OpenTable. It's on Sidney street, about a $12-15 cab ride from the hotel.