FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:29 am
tommy777

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Just got back from a Crystal City award stay while I was at the Freddie awards.

The hotel provides free shuttle service to/from the DCA airport. It's about 5-10 minutes away. It's also around the corner from the Metro (subway) that is just a few minutes away if for some reason you decide to take the subway.

Downtown Washington DC is 10 - 15 minutes away on the subway.

My room on the 11th floor was a typical room for a renovated property. Nice size. Decent bathroom. Good towels. As a gold, there was a bottle of water in the room.

The lounge closes at 9:00am weekdays. Scrambled eggs and bacon, along with the usual cereals, muffins, and pastries. No complaints. The lounge overlooks DC in the distance. If you're lucky, you may see arriving traffic at DCA.

dh
I assume it's the Sheraton you stayed at in Crystal City. I also stayed there this weekend, no complaints. Typical Sheraton.

Internet didn't work in my first room on the 12th floor so I had to move to the room next door. For the "inconvenience" the manager sent up a free internet card, a bottle of wine and a fruit plate - both days

PG floor room, no upgrade for Plats available. No point upgrading to the club floor, the lounge was closed

The shuttle starts running at 0600 on the weekends, too late IMO for an airport area hotel. The cabs charge you 1.75 per extra person in this area...