FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I need help with Reds
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2003, 2:43 am
MrsDrD

Programs: CX MPO Gold; QFClub
NM, the Cullen's should certainly meet with approval - just hope your friend can resist opening it on first sight! It'd be shameful to drink it now, that one will just get better for another 10 years...

But if he does open it, hope you get to enjoy some

Indeed, QF WPI've had the pleaseure of visiting Cullen's. DrD and I spent a very enjoyable week in Margaret River a couple of years ago (shamefully easy to get U class redemptions BNE-PER if you're willing to travel on Christmas night and return on New Year's Day!) While the Cullen's wines are doubtlessly top drawer, we actually found their cellar door extremely disappointing: nothing available for tasting, generally unhelpful. Now, perhaps we struck them at a bad moment, but it's tainted the brand for me.

Shouldn't deter anyone else from enjoying what is a very good drop, but for now I personally prefer to imbibe the offerings of the region's many other top estates (Leeuwin, Vasse Felix, Cape Mentelle, Evans & Tate etc. etc.), which were a complete joy to visit! That personal touch counts!