FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping in PHL Baggage Claim Thanks to US Airways
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:07 am
PHLJJS

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Originally Posted by ryehighguy
Is it a common issue to have people arriving on international flights to miss their connection to domestic locations? I've noticed the arrival rate of flight 714 is rarely on time.

Yes, I believe this is pretty common. No doubt US has some responsiblity sometimes when these things happen, but in my experience, a lot of the delays are caused by ATC and weather. I think US could be more proactive by padding thier schedules a little better to compansate for delays that happen routinely. Also, I noticed when I worked afternoon OT at A-WEST, we would get 200-300 people lining up at the checkpoint at the same time. One second, no one in line, next second, a plane full. I asked why that was happening and I was told that Customs holds the passengers who are connecting until all or most passengers from the incoming flight has cleared, then lets them leave the area. I've never flown international, so I don't know how true that is, but if that is the case, it would certainly be a factor in missing flights. I see a good number of people who need to connect to a flight in F terminal which is at the other end of the airport.