FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping in PHL Baggage Claim Thanks to US Airways
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:14 am
usa18dca

Originally Posted by ryehighguy
PHLJJS - Where did you see the story about the stabbing at the airport? I tried searching the local papers/tv websites.

I had pushed for some sort of room anywhere, but the rep at the desk said he couldn't authorize anything and his manager just gave me the contact for US Airways Customer Service. By this time it was almost 1am and the flight was for 9:45 and I ran into two others who were in the same situation as me, so we sort of toughed it out.
We tried the Marriott at PHL but it was all booked, the security guard was nice enough to let us hang in the lobby till 3am, but then we got the boot to baggage claim for the next 3-4 hours.
Oh, by the way, there was security guards in baggage claim, they were sleeping on chairs 10 feet from the homeless people as three teens also stuck overnight raced around the area on wheelchairs!

I have myself been stranded by US Airways twice in Las Vegas(Misconnect last summer coming in late from Fresno) and Pittsburgh (Idiot Agent sent me ORD-PIT when I was supposed to go ORD-PHL...granted I did not do my homework but I was 15 come on).