FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping in PHL Baggage Claim Thanks to US Airways
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:47 am
ryehighguy

Sleeping in PHL Baggage Claim Thanks to US Airways

Had a horrible experience on US Airways earlier this month and the fact that almost all customer service representatives I faced were rude didn't make things any better.

Long story short, the plan was to fly from St. Maarten (SXM) to CLT and connect to YYZ. Flight arrived at SXM late b/c of mechanical issues and we got into CLT an hour late. Originally had a 90 min connection in CLT but b/c of delay it was about 20-mins (although service reps said they were holding the flight). Because I had to clear customs/immigration/security again didn't get to gate till 9:55 and the flight had left without me.

Rude service rep at gate to YYZ told me to fly to PHL and catch a flight in the morning. Rude service rep at gate to PHL gave me major attitude while trying to board. Get to PHL, everyone trying to pass the buck as to who can help... finally find rep who schedules me on a 9:45am flight but can't offer up any hotel (despite this all being their fault), thus having to spend night in baggage claim area, where homeless ppl are also allowed to sleep at night.

Wrote complaint letter to airline seeking compensation or voucher. Anyone encounter similar problems and what was the result? Any chance on getting anything in the future?

Thanks