FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping & Dining Post Time
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2007, 9:55 am
Bostom

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Originally Posted by rbessler
AAdvantage Dining Rewards will generally post within five days, if not less (note: this applies only to the base points; the AAdvantage Dining Promotions that run every now and then take quite a bit longer).

AAdvantage E-Shopping will generally take about the full length of time. This is partly to cover their behinds -- by waiting this long, they can insure that you don't return the product, etc.
I trust no one has waited a month or two and then returned dinner...nor that they wait as long as some of the e-shopping promos took from this past Christmas: some showed up in my account this month.

That said, maybe it's me but the points - even base points - don't seem to be posting as quickly as they once did. Of a dozen dines since the first of the month, only the first four have posted on AA, and those only for the base points: neither the elite bonus or the Bon Appetit (I think they're calling it - 250 points per qualified dine 4/1 - 5/31) bonus. And while ten out of twelve have showed up on the Rewards Network site, only one of those includes the elite bonus and none the BA promo.

Has something changed?