FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA-EWR in AS F, then back in a Ford.
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:57 am
pdsuk

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
What a fantastic report !!

I had the opportunity to “help” US based family move cross country from NJ to sunny CA almost 13 years ago. I was working in the Chicago suburbs during one of my college summers and got the call asking if I wanted to drive one of their cars to CA ?

I managed to drag my trip out for 9 days, absolutely loving the peace and quiet of being on my own for the first time in a few years. One of the memories that has stuck with me was the changes in landscape that I encountered during the trip – most Europeans have limited exposure to the US and can easily develop a stereo typical image of what your country has to offer. But I could not get over the rolling green hills of Tennessee, the sheer desolateness of highways in northern Texas, the phenomenal colours in New Mexico, the torrential rain in Arizona, the 7 / 8 lane highways in and around LA and of course the splendour of the Golden Gate bridge in SF.

I would love the chance to do it all again ……