FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Suggestion ASAP ------------Travel Fraud (post for my friend)
Old Apr 22, 2007, 7:06 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoyoto
The ticket is still valid at this moment.

If my friend David doesn't pay 2200 CAD to the TA on Tuesday, They will definitely cancel the two tickets. Air Canada may chage TA around 25% of penalty fee.
First thing to verify: can they really do that?

Second, at the very least you should have proof that you sent to money to Lydia *and* clearly she was an employee of the TA. And the ticket was issued.

I think the TA is trying to bully you into paying again because he does not want to lose. I would play hardballs with them.

1. You paid their employee who clearly represented herself as such, *and* she issued the ticket. So their is a strong indication that a deal was indeed made.

2. However the employee ran away with *the TA's money.* No longer your at this point. His problem.

3. If he continues to threaten to cancel the ticket, let him know that if he does that you'll take him to court for the amount of whatever replacement ticket you may have to buy. Probably much more than the $2200.

4. However when/if you see the guy mellowing, be prepared to be reasonable.

David' friend John told David that his girlfriend Lydia contacted the TA, and made a deal. She will return the money to TA. (around 6K, she has spent 2K). And TA will not cancel the remaining passenger's flight and not to report to the police. But David called TA a few mins ago to check his ticket status. TA pretended that they will not get money from Lydia and still ask David to pay 2200 CAD. ( Because 2 passengers have taken half of the roundtrip flight already, there's no way to get that money back. And they know David must leave on the orginal date.) So TA wants to get some money back from David.
I wonder. Isn't the TA also part of the game? Whole thing smells.