FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An $8000 "entry fee" for LH Gold lounge
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:30 am
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by attorney28
Fact: He didn't even ask for a boarding pass. He told the lounge dragon he wanted to return the ticket, so there was full disclosure = no misrepresentation..
Without a BP there would have been no access to the lounge. There were at least two employees involved. One selling the ticket and the other one in the lounge.

Check facts first - give lessons in law later..)
I fully agree.

(Moreover, if he had purchased a ticket and had had the boarding pass which entitles him to enter the lounge, he would have had a contractual right to enter the lounge with it, so the "Rechtswidrigkeit des Vermögensvorteils" would have been missing at the time the boarding pass would be presented to the lounge dragon.
Ok, next time you buy a ticket tell the airlines sales agent you just want to buy it for the sake of getting a meal in the FCL and you have no intention to fly at all and and tell the girl at check in that you don't want to fly but just want to check in for that very same reason and wait whether or not she will check you in. If not, you should reconsider your thoughts.

But honestly, I have to earn some real money now. Some FT'ler know me personally and know who I am - maybe I am too careful based on the type of people and entities I advise - I would never ever take the risk even to advise my clients in a way that they bring themselves in inappropriate situations. And you read from other posters here that LH takes it seriously. So, give any advice you like but be aware that there can be unpleasant consequences.