FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tale of a Thousand Cherry Blossoms
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:16 pm
Moomba

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Planes, Trains and a Thousand Cherry Blossoms

Right you asked for it (well a few of you did) and now you are going to have to suffer another trip report from me. This one will be a little different from my RTW trip report which concentrated on the flights and the flights only. This report will be of the whole holiday including first class flights to and from Tokyo with British Airways and a 12 day tour of Japan. I will also include links to some (maybe all) of the 400 odd photos I took on this trip.
I will add the report for each day of my trip and link them all from here.

So sit back grab a coffee or sake and savour the sights of Japan with me on my journey.

Day 1 BA First LHR-NRT and Narita Express & Shinkansen to Kyoto
Day 2 Kyoto Tour
Day 3 Kyoto
Day 4 Nara & Kyoto Miyako Odori
Day 5 Kyoto - Hiroshima - Miyajima
Day 6 Miyajima - Beppu
Day 7 Buppu Hell
Day 8 Beppu - Mt Aso - Miyaji
Day 9 Miyaji - Suizenji - Nagasaki
Day 10 Nagasaki
Day 11 Nagasaki - Tokyo
Day 12 Tokyo Walking Tour
Days 13-16 Tokyo
Day 17 - Home James and don't spare the horses

I had a wonderful time in Japan and met some great friends. I heartily encourage any of you to visit Japan. It is not nearly as daunting or scary a prospect as one would imagine. The transport system is easy to use and most signs are in English. The people are extraordinarily friendly and go out of their way to help you.
I will certainly be going back to Japan to explore the country further.

I hope I have encouraged a few of you to give Japan a whirl, you will not be disappointed.

I also hope you enjoyed the pictures. They say far more than my feeble words could ever convey.

I have added all the pictures to a collection that can be linked to from here. If you view the pictures in slide show mode then you will see titles for each.

I am sure there are pictures of at least a thousand cherry blossoms.

Last edited by Moomba; May 15, 2007 at 9:35 am