FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Raffles Plaza or the Oriental-Singapore
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:29 am
BobBHX

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by trekkie
The oriental has received better reviews in the past and is closer to the new marina square shopping centre.

The raffles the plaza is conveneiently located ontop of the subway system in the country with access to a very major shopping centre. lots of airline crew stay at the swissotel which is indicative of a busy and crowded environment.

The oriental would be preferred.

Yes the Swissotel is busy and crowded (but you can't beat the views). The Plaza however, I found to be a haven of peace. It has a separate lobby area which is connected by corridor to the Swissotel lobby. Other facilities such as restaurants and (I think) the pool are shared with the Swissotel.

My only complaint about the Plaza was the room I was given. It was a very strange shape (sort of like a pie wedge with the point cut off) and the bed was at the narrowest part of the room meaning that it was impossible to fully open the wardrobe doors as the bed got in the way. The room was very well furnished and had some nice touches such as a Bose Wave radio/cd player.