FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments: Don't Count OMNI Posts In Member Post Counts (Motion Failed)
Old Apr 13, 2007, 3:07 am
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO

First I would like to thank wharvey and Randy for their tolerance on this thread. My views have not changed since I expressed them in post #93. I do not plan to constantly repeat them.

However is it OT to ask, what does it now mean to be an Evangelist? When I joined FT 6 years ago, it meant you had posted 150 times. Currently the threshold is 10,000 posts. I remember when OMNI posts did not count to this total. We have many more Evangelists now.

An Evangelist used to signify to me, someone who had made substantial contributions to FT, in the airline, hotel and travel fora. I feel this honorary title has been devalued by those whose contributions consist merely of 10,000 posts to the OMNI game threads, and I think this is unfortunate.
I could be wrong, but in my near 7 years here I think the Evangelist moniker was always 10,000?

Least-ways I do not recall it changing, but it most certainly was never 150 posts.

I can confirm HOM advised TB there are now 45 Evangelists. A year back I'd guess it was under 10. By year end with this avalanche of games posters, it will be well over 100 I'd imagine unless this motion passes.

It was been proven folks can post 10,000 times in around a month in OMNI. On nothing other than games threads. That doesn't earn one mile or point for anyone else on FT, or add one iota to travel airline or hotel knowledge.

That's was FT was founded on, and that's what FT does best on the internet. There are million boards with counting down and word association threads. There is only one Flyertalk.

Many folks like Japhydog mentioned above are on the cusp of 10,000 posts having by his own admission on this thread, almost never posting outside OMNI.

I agree with your POV entirely. ^

Last edited by ozstamps; Apr 13, 2007 at 3:14 am