FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Raffles Plaza or the Oriental-Singapore
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:46 pm
SacFlyer

You won't go wrong either way!

Agree with most earlier posters. You won't go wrong either way. Both are excellent hotels. Raffles The Plaza is a bit more centrally located, but the Oriental is in an equally nice (and slightly newer) area and taxis are cheap.

We stayed at Raffles The Plaza a year ago. I thoroughly enjoyed standing on my balcony (I believe all rooms have them) on about the 30th floor, looking out on Singapore Bay straight ahead, or right to the old harbor with the wall of modern high-rise buildings behind it, or left to the venerable Raffles Hotel. I never tired of that view. However, you're likely to get equally interesting views from a room on a higher floor at the Oriental.

Our room at Raffles the Plaza, while not new, had every modern convenience and was a cut (or half-cut) above rooms in most other quality hotels I've used. Again, I expect that's also true at the Oriental--and also at 10 or so other 5-star hotels in Singapore.

It's fun to compare hotels and to look for the best deal, but in this case, you really can't go wrong. Much as I enjoyed RTP--and I highly recommend it--I might just pick the Oriental next time for comparison purposes.

Last edited by SacFlyer; Apr 12, 2007 at 10:48 pm Reason: sp.