FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Forum Suggestion: Other Travel Programs/Partners - BAA Worldpoints
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:09 pm
sam

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Interesting idea. I'm not sure if BAA are the only airport group which offer frequent traveller points - I can't recall seeing others, but as an infrequent traveller at most of them, they would be easy to miss. And you are correct in that there has been a lot of discussion on WPs recently, particularly with the demise of the most valuable redemption possibility. Do you think that with that demise, interest in WPs will drop?
It could be that on removal of the upgrade vouchers interest on Worldpoints might drop. Maybe BAA & HEX will find a way of limiting the vouchers to one use only (as intended). Whatever happens there are lots of other things to talk about relating to BAA airports.

The only other airport loyalty scheme I know about it Schiphol Privium. I have posted about this as I think it is a rip off. Privium charges €99 for a service that UK immigration provides for free - albeit IRIS never man the sign up desks so I still do not have a card. There you go, another issue to talk about!