FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Westlake Village
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:08 pm
jeffreyt
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Besides the LA Times Article which I read, the Wall Street Journal also ran an article. But while Amgen is nearby, as are many other large corporations, it was really David Murdock, the owner of Dole Food who was responsible for the hotel. Indeed, the address of the hotel is 2 Dole Drive. It's all part of Murdock's desire for a healthier lifestyle, hence the Wellpoint Institute. Clearly this is not your average Four Seasons Spa, and is not just meant for the vacationing guest. Think of it as the Mayo Clinic (where one would argueably not go if not for the medical benefits) for wellness. While the hotel is designed to capture the upscale business traveler, it is primarily a destination wellness resort. And I think you'll see it marketed more aggressively as such. I've been waiting for this hotel to be built for many years, ever since the permits were issued. It's amazing this half-a-billion dollar property is finally a reality. But once you understand why the hotel and "wellness" spa was built, it's not a strange or odd place for it. It's just not the Montage at Laguna Beach or the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills either. Nor does it pretend to be.