FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Across the Globe in 4 Continents
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:25 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
WARSAW

The airport is fairly close to the city and at this time of evening the traffic is almost non-existant so the trip takes about 15 minutes.

I'm staying at the Hilton which only opened a little over a week before. As such, the hotel has very few guests - many more staff than there are guests, and great personal attention. I'm greeted by name by the doorman(!) and by all 3 desk staff before I even utter a word or show any identification.

When I first made a booking it was a flexible paid one. Thanks to maltman1 who posted that cheap opportunity level awards were available and had the option to pre-reserve a King Executive Plus room, I cancelled that booking and switched to an award. A great way for a new hotel to build up some loyalty.

The room was very nice on 21st floor. Reasonable views although the closest couple of blocks not quite so nice (construction works). Nice en suite. Lounge is on 26th floor - has food and drinks all day (I think). I only used it for breakfast the next morning. There was no computer terminal but they had a laptop set up for free guest use in the lounge on their wifi. There were only a couple of people in the lounge when I visited.

The hotel location isn't perfectly central but not too far - about 30 minute walk or go one block to catch the tram in.

With arriving late one night and flying out of Warsaw the next morning I didn't have a lot of time to explore the city this time. More a quick sample while tiring myself out to try and get a decent sleep.