FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Flying Colors" Identity Theme Going Away? Upcoming New Livery...
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:23 am
Lehava
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Not if the 3-dimensional widget was resting on a solid blue background.

Actually, I love the new scheme. The only thing I would change (as I said in the other thread) is the widget "pointing" "NorthWest". I'd have gone with a straight-up widget, bleeding off the edges of the tail. Otherwise, it's very classy and elegant (and thank GOD they got rid of the stupid "typewriter" font!)
Even if a 3 dimensional widget on a solid background would throw a shadow difference on the blue by the mere height of the widget. Also, if you read canarsies post, the hypothesis was the sun was shining on the 3d widget, putting one side in the sun and one side in a shadow, that would have TWO effects...1) if the sun is shining on the widget from one direction it would on the solid background also that way (one side lighter than the other). 2) the three d widget would shadow parts of the blue.

If they truly wanted the widget to "pop" as 3d the flatness of the blue is working against them