FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:58 pm
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Presidential Suite

Originally Posted by derby44
Upgraded to the Presidential suite as a Platinum---how did you pull that off? That's terrific. I sure would like to experience the same some day.^
former Diamond anyway, I wrote a quick memo to the general manager which I sent via FAX the day before our stay. in the memo, I mention "..... We were hoping if there was any availability, you might be able to extend the courtesy of a suite upgrade or terrace room, so we can have a bit more private space to relax with friends after dinner. We have been a loyal gold passport member (both Platinum and Diamond), and we are looking forward to our upcoming visit this Saturday evening......" Upon check-in, they mentioned they were still preparing the room; but that we had been upgraded to the Presidential Suite. We said "no worries", and the great check-in person took our cell # and called us around 30 minutes later while out taking a walk. There was a bottle of Champagne with chocolate covered strawberries with a note from the manager in the room, upon our arrival. A great stay, and a great way to use our final FFN !

A few photos of the room and the views from the 22nd floor. In addition, there is a picture of a neat diagram of the room, which was in a closet in the pantry. They had 3 different diagrams for setting up the room for a screening, cocktail party or the "regular" arrangement. There were 2 older stereo systems, one which could broadcast sound to all of the rooms --- in addition there was also a bose wave system connected to an i-pod mini with a nice assortment of music. Hidden in the living room was a large (around 55") rear projection TV -- and also a very large screen that retracted electrically from the ceiling for presentations or screenings. The drapes were also operated by a remote switch on the wall; and there were many different switches to dim the lighting in the living spaces and dining room (from both the living room and pantry area)

My "guess" is that we got lucky --- and we chose the right night for our one night stay. Either way, I am going to send a note to the hotel about how much we enjoyed the upgrade !