FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments: Don't Count OMNI Posts In Member Post Counts (Motion Failed)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:05 am
MapleLeaf
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
Is there a way to tell what percent of your posts are in OMNI? I'm guessing less than 10-15% of mine, so go ahead and take the posts away.
Overall I am not sure. Initially I was 98% non-OMNI, now I tend to be more OMNI than not... the forums I frequent don't need as much input so I don't need to comment as much. If OMNI posts were taken away, I would probably lose 20% of my overall posts; not a huge deal since this is only an IBB.

I can't help but wonder why this is coming up now? Before the posts in OMNI were counted partly to help FT in its IBB standings, from that one can deduce that now FT has been sold, standings matter not so why not start stripping away stuff.

If you were to have said 2 years ago, or 5 years ago OMNI posts don't count, big deal... them were the rules. If you say today they don't count going forward, big deal... them are the rules. To now say we are changing things back to the beginning of time, that makes no sense.

Either way I will contribute, or not, based on what is needed in any forum I check.

Oh yeah, I want to comment that I agree that it is a misleading moniker to have someone an FT Evangelist who has been on 1 year and has the overwhelming majority of their posts in OMNI. They aren't FT at all, they are OMNI. How many people does this actually apply to?