FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - massive QF FF programme changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2001, 6:32 pm
bruceb

Hi Kunoichi,

<<Hmm, the brouchure doesn't say that those fees are for rewards. It's in it's own little section, and I looked a few times on the page, and it doesn't mention that at all. >>

I guess they think members will look at the FF members guide in a reward sense only. Seeing you don't have to be a frequent flyer to fly on Qantas, it would be a little silly to charge FF members a fee for buying tickets.

<<Also, about the tier credits, it only mentions 'life time' for non-Bronze people... and it doesn't mention that the once-a-year reset has gone. It's very confusing.>>

Below is the from the QF webpage on lifetime tire credits
"This is the ultimate reward for Frequent Flyers who give the greatest support to Qantas over a number of years. ** We will keep a tally of all the Status credits accumulated during the life of your membership. Status credits will be added to any tier credits accumulated since their introduction in September 1998. As soon as you have enough Status credits, Silver or Gold recognition will be yours for life, regardless of how often you then fly."

Note that your tier credits will still reset on an annual basis (for your normal status - Silver, Gold and Platinum). BUT QF will now start recording your lifetime tier credits as well as annual tier credits (they are the same thing, just one resets annually) - from this number they will issue upgrades and lifetime status (lifetime silver and gold). I think this is similar to other lifetime programs. Note that lifetime tier credits will be calculated from September 1998 (so some members will already be a long way towards lifetime status).

Cheers… Bruce