FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - massive QF FF programme changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2001, 6:29 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I agree with Kunoichi that it is a bit misleading, but I suppose it is implied that the fees are all related to FF redemptions rather than actual paid tix. I am sure future revisions will correct this. Overall it's a pretty good brochure and clear for just about everything - for a public release I reckon it's pretty good.

(and looking into the terms and conditions the upgrade issue is made clear as per what bruceb said).

So if no balances are touched, this means that it is a bonus to those with decent FF point balances at QF I should think. ie: my 30,000 points now (to make up a number, I think I only have 150 odd in actual fact ) is worth more when translated to the new system rather than the old (IMHO anyway).

It's good that QF didn't decide to adjust everyone's balances into mileage equivalents.

One note I do not see any QF fare classes listed that do not qualify for mileage, unlike quite a few on partner airlines (interstind tweak of AA Q class on transatlantic flights). Does that suggest even the cheapest web specials and others will accrue miles at the usual rate? That may well be interresting to see if that stays or not.

------------------
UA 1K MEL
A Star Alliance(tm) Member.