FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - massive QF FF programme changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2001, 1:32 pm
bruceb

LHR/MEL/Europe FF,

<<I used to be able to get Biz Cl. for 11250 points, but will now cost me 30000 - a huge jump.>>

Correct, but this has been offset by a bigger increase in the number of points you earn on these routes. For example most economy members would earn 330 points for a return trip SYD-CBR under the old system and 2000 points for return under the new system.

Koru Flyer,

<<So does anyone (Bruce?) know what QF are doing with elite levels this time around and how are they rolling the changeover in terms of qualification dates.>>

I am unaware of any changes to recognition program that are negative – that is all are positive for members (more tier credits for same flying and low qualification levels for some). Therefore it will be rolled through without any freezing or complimentary periods.

I do know that members that have anniversary dates somewhere between now and 15 September will be reviewed under the most favourable option for you – in other words you should get the best of both worlds. New cards will be sent before 15th September based on your current status. You will continue to earn tier credits under the current zonal table until 15th September – no change.

<<This is somewhat important to me anyway as the changes take place on 15/9 and my silver status expires end 31/10! >>

You will receive the new card, but it will still expire on the same date - unless you meet the re-qualification level (600 points under the new system).

Cheers… Bruce