FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - massive QF FF programme changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2001, 5:23 am
bruceb

RichardMEL,
<<Now I made a boo boo above with my comment about lifetime status. I thought I read it was 7,500 credits, but it's 14,000 >>
Yes. 7,000 for lifetime Silver and 14,000 for lifetime Gold. Means you can always go above these levels on an annual basis but never below. You may find some other interesting things been done around lifetime tier credits – it’s a new thing for them so give them a little bit of time to get it bedded down. Also note that tier credit upgrades are calculated from your lifetime tier credit level (so those that earn a low rates still get rewarded for long term loyalty).
<<double upgrades>>
No… sorry this is not allowed – one class of upgrade only. Y to J or J to P.

<<Kunoichi - I believe the 5,000 points for paper tickets where e tix is available is in terms of award tickets only. >>

Yep – only for award tickets and only where Qantas can offer you an e-ticket.

Ozzie,

<< Fliers with silver status or above will be earning more points even on discount economy fares - while the value of all those points earned from credit cards / etc is much less. >>

You need to consider both sides of the equation (earning and burning) at once for an accurate picture of how flying rewards work (I use number of trips to get one free as a proxy for flying value). For other rewards points sources just look at the cost in points – short-haul up, medium-haul constant and long-haul down.

Cheers… Bruce