FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - massive QF FF programme changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2001, 5:10 am
bruceb

Hi Kunoichi,

<<No Account Service Fee" Pft. Instead of an "account service fee", everyone gets service fees for:>>

A lot of these fees existed previously (as well as the account service fee) – card fee, reissue, cancellation, etc. They were restated to make sure you are aware of them. The new fees can be easily avoided – late booking fee and change of date/time (note change of route/name was an existing fee). Do a quick check on some of the other programs and I think you will find these quite reasonable.

<< This, if it is as it sounds to me, REALLY concerns me. If my travel agent gives me a paper ticket, instead of an E-Ticket because s/he thought it was easier, then *I* get slugged 5000 points>>

You can only book redemption tickets directly with Qantas, therefore you wont have this problem with your travel agent. The telesales staff will advise you if an e-ticket is available, then if you request a paper ticket you will be advised of the charge. This fee has been introduced for three reasons; firstly, e-tickets are subject to less abuse, secondly, they are easy to change and lastly, they are cheaper.

<<Tier Credits are easier to get? Maybe for people who fly as part of their jobs, or who are rich!>>

For everyone – look at SYD-MEL and SYD-PER – compare the old and the new table by class (you will find economy travellers receive the biggest increases)

<<Even if I flew 13,000 return, once a year, I'd only get 120 and be wiped!>>

Not anymore – that is the reason for lifetime tier credits. Also you will now earn an upgrade every 250 tier credits regardless of how long it takes you to get 250 tier credits. In your case you will get an upgrade every 2 years or so.

Cheers… Bruce