FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:20 am
There yet?

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I agree, the Wall Centre treats Plats very well, and I have always been u/g to a suite, and always without asking. Staff at this hotel are generally terrific - helpful, friendly, efficient. The lounge, along with good breakfast & evening snacks (& great coffee), also has a great view...though likely so will your room. I've only ever stayed in the South Tower also, and while the North may or may not be newer, the South rooms are just fine, not tired or worn out at all. This is one of my favourite hotels, simply because you never have to worry about a stay going "wrong" - it's consistently good. Oh, and the paper they deliver is a National Post (not my fave), but you can get the Globe (& USA Today, if you're so inclined) in the lounge & downstairs. I don't recall how much parking was, but I seem to remember it's a bit less of a rip off than some of the other downtown hotels.

If you are interested, the gym is well equipped, though a weird layout with aerobics machines at the entry, then you go through the change room to the weight rooms (yes, two), and a good sized pool. Though you're also quite close to the waterfront trail, which is a very pleasant place to walk.

I personally don't like the Westin Grand - cold & sometimes rude staff, and the slowest elevators on the planet I think. Nice enough rooms, but I didn't think they were particularly special.