FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn miles on multiple programs for same dine?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:24 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
OPenTable.com gets you points on their system when you use them to book - a few restos earn 1,000 points, and most 100. You can then turn those points into credit "cheques" - 1,000 points = anything from $10 US to £15 in the UK, and greater amounts for larger accumulations of points, of course.

I often "triple dip" - book via OpenTable, use my HHonors AMEX card to earn 10 miles and 5 HHonors points per dollar spent. And if they offer an AARP or whatever discount, as the resto we dined in on Sunday, I guess I could call it a "quad dip;" the property offers 10% off AARP on all menu items (though not wine or other alcoholic beverages.)

Originally Posted by Beckles
What do you get for booking through Opentable or Dinnerbroker? There are some restaurants here in KC that are on Opentable and are in iDine and participate in a local restaurant rewards program (PowerCard) that gets me 6.67% back plus I get 5 Thank You Ponts/Dollar through my Citi mtvU card, add them all together and all of a sudden lunches and dinners get pretty darn cheap.