FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:43 am
dcadude

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by Tummy
I'm using my last four FFNs for two rooms this weekend to hopefully see some cherry blossoms with my parents and BF.

Are there any self parking or street parking alternatives to the valet parking? How much is the valet?

The last few years we would stay at the GH, but decided to try the PH again to see the renovations.
I work one block away from the PH and can fill you in on street parking...

On weekends, you may be able to find some street parking in the immediate area. On school days they ticket for parking in front Francis Middle School on N Street between 24th and 25th. They also enforcethe 2-hour limit at meters on weekdays.

The West End is a popular spot to park and walk over the bridge into Georgetown, so street parking gets a little tight on weekend evenings. Of course, don't leave valuables in sight in your car if you choose to park on the street.

Plenty of garages nearby along M Street, and I think a very close one to the PH a block east on 23rd between M and N. Actually there's also one on 24th between L and M that's closer, but not sure if it's just for the apartment building above it or if it's public. Google these parking companies and you should find some choices: Colonial, PMI.

-Paul