FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:27 pm
ashaboe

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Thumbs down Bkfst inluded; but the Diamond Amenity is a vase of cheap flowers!

Despite a brunch date later, we decided to have a small breakfast this morning just to test the Diamond breakfast privilege. Went downstairs and had the continental breakfast buffet (actually we only had fruits, yogurt, and coffee). When I asked for the bill I was told that it was included in my "package."

So far so good, but ...

During check-out I asked the front desk staff to confirm whether the info I got last night through the "Guest Request" extension was true (i.e. amenity for Diamond member was a vase of flower in the room). She confirmed that it is. She proceeded to elaborate that in addition to the vase of flowers, it also included complimentary breakfast. I should have asked if this meant that I could bring the vase of flowers home (I wouldn't do it but I am curious to find out).

She did not mention the complimentary hot beverage again and since we never had the hot beverages separately, we could not find out what would happen if we had breakfast (hot beverage included) in the morning and another charge of hot beverages at a different time.

Since we were in a hurry, I left it at that. But an email will go out to Gold Passport tomorrow!

All in all a big ^ for the Junior Suite/Deluxe room; a mix of ^ (staff at the lobby were very polite, corteous, and generally helpful) and for service (almost an hour for request for additional bath gel at approx 9/10PM at night and for one of the server at breakfast explaining to a guest that "prosciutto" is a French word for bacon/meat >> I almost choked on a piece of melon when I overheard this).

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
ashaboe, I'll be looking forward to your post, as I am staying in the hotel this week. To recap, you only got the tea or coffee given to any Gold Passport member, got no diamond amenity, and got no breakfast?