FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring Break 2007 - Four days in Boston
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:00 am
Hartmann
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The amount of walking that we did was starting to strain on us, but we pressed forward for another full day of exercise and readied ourselves for more sightseeing.

My girlfriend had come down with a cold/flu and though it was mild we decided not to push as hard on this day. We headed back to the "T" for a quick ride to Cambridge and a visit to MIT.

We walked around the campus and found the Computer Science building (my favorite), took a few pictures and sneaked in. We both snapped a few photos and headed for the elevator, only to realize that the buttons went "1, 3, 3 1/2, 4" with no "2" anywhere. Strange.

The MIT library was open and we wandered in there for a while, looking at the newest texts from MIT's greatest minds. (I highly recommend "Simplicity")

It was once again time for another beer tasting and we asked about where the "Cambridge Brewing Company" was located and quickly received an answer, "right down the street". This is one bar/brewery that we definitely recommend, with great food, awesome beer, and a perfect atmosphere, it really can't be beat.

Boston Common was our next stop but we made a detour to a nearby cemetery, one of the oldest in the U.S. and saw the grave of a passenger on the Mayflower, the significance was overwhelming. We walked to Beacon Hill and the State House, really taking in all that we could, from the weather to the buildings, to the history contained in them, it all was fascinating.

Ending up by the Garden we checked out Zakim bridge and went back to the hotel.

The rest of the night we took it easy and made our way around Faneuil Hall and the marketplace. A lot of walking had taken place and we needed our rest, the next day would be another full one.